I haven’t done a recipe post in forever! So let me just say Williams Sonoma is selling peppermint bark for $28 a tin…. I don’t know about y’all, but this girl isn’t dropping that much on chocolate. So I made my own! This recipe will cost you UNDER $10!
What you’ll need:
- 1 package of white chocolate
- 1 package of milk chocolate
- 2 big candy cane sticks (I got mine from the $1 store)
-The chocolate packages I used are in the pictures below, I found them at Walmart.
- Place large candy cane sticks into plastic bag and crush up into medium small pieces
- Break apart the cubes and melt with 1/2 tsp of oil/butter in large bowl for about 3 minutes, but keep an eye on it every minute in case your microwave heats up faster or slower.
- Once melted pour onto baking pan lined with wax paper and spread evenly, let the first layer of chocolate cool for 10-15 minutes before pouring the second layer
- Repeat steps for white chocolate then spread crunched candy cane pieces evenly over melted white chocolate while it’s still warm. Then place into the fridge for 20-30 minutes until cool/solid.
Enjoy!! I took some to my coworkers and I had someone that doesn’t like peppermint Love this! It’s perfect to bring to bible studies and family or friend gatherings.